Merry Christmas Loved Ones!
The beginning months of 2010 were spent on last minute preparations for baby! Dave finished up her room and putting together furniture, stroller, high chair etc. I did the baby registry and baby showers and did my best to find a comfortable sleeping position (yeah, right!) and together we went to regular doctor appts. and looked into life insurance. AND THEN, Callie Sue arrived bright and early Tuesday morning, March 30th, and our lives were changed forever!
I spent the spring and summer months transitioning into motherhood and wondering how my mom made it look so easy! Along with adjusting to being a father, Dave also took several seminary courses over the summer, wrapped up 6 years of full-time youth ministry and began his new job as Associate Pastor. If change equals stress, you could say we were basket cases! We are so thankful for the Lord giving us the strength for each day and all the prayers from family and friends.
Other noteworthy news this year:
- My parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary on March 15th!
- Dave led a group of 20 teens on a mission trip to Alaska this July, along with our new youth pastor and some wonderful adult helpers!
- Brother-in-law, Josh, was hired as the Children’s Pastor at Skyline Baptist in North Bend.
- Josh and Anna received an offer on their home just days before moving to North Bend after a long 11 months on the market. Praise the Lord for his faithfulness!
- While this year has been grueling on my parents with my mom’s health issues and business challenges, we praise God that the cancer has not spread, and she has not needed chemo or radiation. We greatly appreciate your continued prayer for my Mom and Dad.
- Dave was able to arrange his work schedule to have “Daddy/Callie time” while I’m at work two mornings a week.
- We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on December 18th.
We are so excited to share Christmas traditions and began to explain the meaning of Christmas with Callie. Having it be Callie’s first Christmas has made us step back to evaluate what Christmas is all about to us as a family and what we want Callie to grow up remembering and prioritizing. It's not about all the presents under the tree but the true GIFT of Jesus Christ and the salvation He offers us!
A few thoughts about Callie: She’s pretty much adorable all the time. She has the most kissable little cheeks. She loves to make funny faces and does an awesome snort. She loves to blow bubbles with her saliva-very attractive on a girl! She has the sweetest giggle that is awfully contagious. She adores her daddy and gets so excited whenever she sees him-her whole body shakes and she breaks into a huge grin and chatter. She thinks cats and small dogs are hilarious. She loves playing patty cake. She enjoys “Skyping” relatives. She started crawling as soon as we got out the Christmas lights and is now pulling herself up on anything and everything!
We hope this holiday season leads you to be more in love with our Savior, Jesus Christ and brings you blessed times with family and friends!
With love, Dave, Amy, & Callie Bertolini