Wow, our baby is 11 months old! I can't believe her one year old b-day is so quickly approaching! She's turned into quite the little daredevil this month, and thus, we have more bruises than Mommy would like. Thankfully, a few cinnamon maple "Lil' Crunchies" seem to take care of any injury! She LOVES forts/tunnels/anything she can crawl under-especially our dining room table. It's becoming quite dangerous as she gets taller, so we are going to buy her a collapsible tunnel for her b-day. She has a great time playing with Cousin Sophie earlier in the month. They had matching jammies and looked adorable!
Highlights of this month
- Callie stood for the first time by herself on SuperBowl Sunday, Feb. 6th! The video below is from a day or so later.
- She also took her first steps a couple weeks later! She has taken up to 8 steps in a row so far, but this past week, she hardly walked at all and was quite clumsy...maybe she's going through a growth spurt?
- Her hand-eye coordination is getting very good. In the pig video, she's slapping down the coins Dave put in, but she can now put the coins in by herself.
- She's getting much better at eating baby foods-she loved spaghetti with meat sauce and chicken noodle is now a favorite. We are also okay with organic veggies, raspberry pear and turkey vegetable. When she won't willingly open her mouth, I give her Cheerios, or Ritz crackers and when she's about to take a bite of that, I scoot a bite of baby food in first :-). She also recently tried her first dessert-a bite of a Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie! She LOVED it!
- Her morning naps are now about 1 1/2 hours consistently-sometimes a little longer. Afternoon nap is 1/2 hour to 1 hour and she usually wakes up very cranky so we have some snuggle time with books after nap.
- She loves to "wrestle" especially with Daddy and find bellybuttons!
- She's still way impressed with ceiling fans. Dave lays her on our bed and turns the ceiling fan on and they watch it go around and around. If you say "want to play 'round and 'round?" she'll get a big grin on her face!